£ 48 000.00
Pisces is a 1978 Contessa 32 built by Jeremy Rogers Ltd in Lymington and bought by the Bishops who cruised her from Ushunt to the Baltic and sold her only because she was 84 and he 86. I bought her in 2010, sailed her back from Pwehilli in North Wales to Poole and started a refit to bring her up to scratch for an Atlantic crossing. She has had extensive re- furbishment spending the winters of 2012, 2013 and 2014/15 in Jeremy Rogers yard.
• New mast, boom, standing and running rigging including new mainsheet track and rod kicker.
• New stainless steel water and fuel tanks with new plumbing including foot pumped fresh water and hand pumped salt water.
• Holding tank.
• New Beta 25 HP diesel engine with Featherstream propeller and cockpit mounted waterproof keypad and instrument panel (currently 780 hours 2019).
• New galley with coolbox (no fridge). New Neptune cooker 2018.
• New holly flooring and and internal respray with epoxy of headliners and bulkheads.
• New wiring and switch panel including LED lights, shore power, battery charger and two solar panels with separate regulators.
• Windpilot Pacific Light self steering gear.
• 3 new batteries in two banks with Smartguage battery monitor.
• Windlass with new bow roller and pulpit to fit 15 KG Rocna anchor with 50m chain in locker. Spare 10KG Delta anchor and Fortress kedge anchor, both with separate chain and line.
• New electronics with NMEA connections including two chart plotters, AIS, depth sounder and log, mast mounted wind instruments, 2 GPS, fluxgate compass, DSC VHF radio at chart table with hand held extension wired in cockpit. 12v cigar port and USB port at chart table. 12v plug in cockpit for floodlight, radar, dual band radar reflector, navtex, electronic barometer, autohelm ST 2000 (2), SSB radio with ATU and pactor modem, Ipod/stereo radio and speakers.
• Seago ISO 9650-1 Liferaft with >24 grab bag (serviced 2018).
• Jonbuoy recovery module.
• New sails including fully battened main, genoa on Furlex 200, cruising chute on Profurl Spinex 1.5, storm jib and working jib that can be hanked onto detachable inner forestay, twin headsails with poles for Twistle rig, carbon fibre spinnaker pole, spinnaker. All sails professionally maintained.
• New rudder.
• Hull checked for osmosis and found to be sound. New copper coat antifouling applied.
• New taffrail and teak locker seats in cockpit.
• Respray of topsides and superstructure.
• New internal and cockpit cushions, lee cloths on salon berths, pipe berths forward and fitted bedlinen.
• New spray hood with back drop and cockpit Bimini.
• Personal effects carried separately include 2 laptop computers, iPad with Navtronics software, Iphone, handheld VHF, handheld GPS, EPIRB, PLB and R10 AIS in lifejacket, Freiberger sextant, WASP towing log, Sestel Radiant hand held compass.
In May 2015 I set sail from Portland marina and spent the summer coastal hopping with friends, but often single handed, down to Balboa, along northern Spain and the Rias to Baonia. With my daughter to Lisbon and with some sailing mates to Porto Santo, Madeira and Lanzarote with an encounter with a wale, Single handed again down the leeward side
of Lanzarote, Fuertventura and to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria where I was joined by my old Australian mate, Dave. We had sailed 12000 miles in the Western Pacific on his 30 footer in the 70s. A great 23 day crossing to Saint Lucia and a long party in Rodney Bay. Six months cruising the Caribbean and arrived back in Southampton, curtsey of BBC Nile ex- actly a year since departure. Since then she has been kept in Poole and Portland during the summer and on the hard in the winter. I am looking for new horizons and so is Pisces.