The Association’s affairs are run by a committee of volunteers, elected by its members. The Association’s constitutional aim is to promote Contessa 32 Class racing, rallying, cruising and social activities throughout the world, to encourage the participation of existing owners, to attract new members into the Class and to preserve the value of Contessa 32 yachts.
• In order to be an effective Association, we need to hold members’ names and their contact details, their boat details (name, sail number and, ideally, location), photos and videos of members attending Association events and histories of transactions on our website, e.g. entering events.
• We hold this data in a password-protected and backed-up website hosted on a dedicated Rackspace server.
• We have reviewed the security of this arrangement and believe it is fit for purpose.
• You can ask to see the data that we hold about you and we will provide it, free of charge, within 1 calendar month of your request.
• We have considered whether we should ask for your consent to hold your data but have concluded that this is not necessary because we need to hold your name and contact details so we can tell you about the Association’s activities and we need to hold your boat’s details and any photos and videos taken during Association events in order to promote the Contessa 32 and the Association’s activities.
• We keep your personal data only while you are members of the Association and we will endeavour to delete it within 12 months of you leaving; this does not apply to photos or videos for practical reasons.
• You have the right to have your data erased from our database even as an active member; again, this does not apply to photos or videos for practical reasons.
In summary, unless you object to us holding your name, contact details, boat information, photos or videos of you at Association events and your transaction history on the website, you don’t need to do anything. If you do object, please contact us so we can act on your wishes.
More details about GDPR are available at ico.org.uk.